Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chandra, Page 21: The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Begin Chandra / Go to Previous Page / Continue to Next Page 


Click to Enlarge
Yeah okay, I know, it's a Heinlein book.  But come on, Commander Davis is a fan, so what do you expect?  The Commander here is one of my very favorite characters.  I feel that I was able to convey a lot about his personality in just the two pages that we've seen him so far.  Probably much more than say Danya, Rocky or Tom. 

You out there with the sharp eyes will note that the weights are 135 kilograms apiece, which is 297 pounds.  BUT, on the moon that would only be 49.3 pounds each.  Of course, there's still the mass to deal with...hmmmm.  Little details and considerations, all things that need to be taken into account when making graphic novels.

Seriously, if you haven't read 'The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress' by Robert Heinlein, pick it up now!  It's about a civil war between Earth and a Lunar colony, what else do you need to know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And while we're at it: a "Latest Page" link pointing to the image would be great.

Max Miller Dowdle said...

Hmm, that's not a bad idea at all, though, it wouldn't be able to be implemented on previous pages. I'm coming to find that Blogger is really not set up well for Webcomics (I guess that's why there aren't that many on here), so I'm in the midst of seeking out other options. I know Comicpress via Wordpress is a common solution, but I don't like how they only let you post one comic per day. Anyway, I'm hoping to get something a little more streamlined up soon, but I really appreciate the input. Thanks!